Please join us in praising God for what He has done and praying for Him to continue to work in these areas:
• The completion of the second counseling course, What Change Looks Like– recording and workbook revision
• Churches in our Chester city area who are considering scheduling our biblical counseling courses for their urban church staff
• Kenyan and Ethiopian seminaries scheduling our first counseling course, How Change Happens, and other pastoral courses possibly next year
• Contacts with local Chester area church leaders
• Earl Wright’s contacts with majority culture churches as he continues to gather support to work full-time as our TUMI Site Coordinator. Minority church leaders, of whom Earl is one, typically have very few connections with churches that have enough money to even have a budget, much less than resources to support urban city workers.
• Our students’ safety in their urban church leadership roles (pastors, teachers, deacons, church mothers, etc.)
• Three students to graduate from our 16 course TUMI curriculum this August
As you think and pray for TUMI, Please keep Psalm 74:20,21 in mind-
“Have regard for the covenant, for the dark places of the land are full of the habitations of violence.
Let not the downtrodden turn back in shame; let the poor and needy praise your name.”
As the national training arm for World Impact, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) equips leadership for the urban church, especially among the poor, in order to advance the Kingdom of God. TUMI focuses their investment on those called to evangelize, disciple, plant, and pastor churches in unreached urban neighborhoods. Their single passion and desire is to identify, empower, and release laborers who can both display and declare God’s kingdom reign among their neighbors, where they live.