Join us in prayer and praise!
- Praise and Prayer: The Lord seems to be opening more and more doors for teaching our pastoral counseling curriculum, including some in Latin America—with special support from Grace Fellowship. Through the church’s help, two of our introductory courses are on a path for translation into Spanish!
- Prayer: I’m being scheduled for abdominal hernia surgery in May. Please pray for a recovery sufficient for later spring and summer speaking engagements.
- Prayer and Praise: I’m making progress on our third biblical counseling introduction course, Helping Change Happen, a counseling methodology course. But there is much work to be done before video taping it and producing the final version of the accompanying course manual.
- Prayer: Wisdom and unity for the Oakseed Board as they meet to decide on partnership status of several Liberian ministries that I visited in Monrovia and vetted in January.
- Praise and Prayer: The gathering in Monrovia in January of more than 70 church leaders from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Guinea and Ivory Coast for biblical counseling training seemed to go very well. Pray for them as they hope to teach their own church leaders the same things they have learned.
- Prayer: For fall teaching, two counseling courses at the Evangelical Theological College in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and visiting three Oakseed Partners there.
As the national training arm for World Impact, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) equips leadership for the urban church, especially among the poor, in order to advance the Kingdom of God. TUMI focuses their investment on those called to evangelize, disciple, plant, and pastor churches in unreached urban neighborhoods. Their single passion and desire is to identify, empower, and release laborers who can both display and declare God’s kingdom reign among their neighbors, where they live.