Praise God with us!
Rick Horne and TUMI are very grateful to Grace Fellowship for helping fund the ministry to 43 brothers and sisters at the Evangelical Theological College (ETC) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia!
At the end of the first CCEF-TUMI biblical counseling course the students rose and sang the doxology. One student testified, “If I were to rename this course, it would be ‘A Journey to the Heart!'” Rick said, “It was one of my most amazing teaching experiences! The Holy Spirit was noticeably present!” The amount of work in this course is daunting to absorb in a two-week time period, but these folks stuck with it and produced remarkable results! Pray for their ongoing use of these biblical teachings in their lives and ministries.
Join us in prayer for-
- Rick’s planned trip to Liberia has been postponed until fall or early 2022 due to Covid restrictions in the region. Pastors from several surrounding countries were planning to attend the second CCEF-TUMI biblical counseling training course. Please keep this opportunity in prayer.
- This postponement is a matter of prayer and praise because the delay loosens Rick’s schedule so that he may give more attention to creating TUMI’s third biblical counseling course. This will complete the trilogy of biblical introductory courses for their CCEF-TUMI students.
- In Rick’s local church, he is scheduled to teach two of 12 classes on the “Gospel and Current Issues.” His topics are pornography and aging. These are scheduled for the end of June and beginning of July. Please pray the Holy Spirit speaks through him.
- Rick is also scheduled for foot surgery on April 27. It will be about six weeks before he is able to put weight on his left foot. Please pray all goes well and recovery will be timely.
- In the late fall, winter, and spring, one of the other TUMI mentors and Rick hope to teach all three courses in their city. Pray for the enrollment of city church leaders who they hope to serve with this biblical counseling training.
As the national training arm for World Impact, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) equips leadership for the urban church, especially among the poor, in order to advance the Kingdom of God. TUMI focuses their investment on those called to evangelize, disciple, plant, and pastor churches in unreached urban neighborhoods. Their single passion and desire is to identify, empower, and release laborers who can both display and declare God’s kingdom reign among their neighbors, where they live.