Praise the Lord with us!
• There is great interest in biblical counseling courses in Liberia, Ethiopia, and Kenya.
• Oakseed, the parent ministry for which Rick is a liaison to Mid-Africa, has accepted five of the ministries he vetted last year for support. There are four more they are considering this spring. Please pray for the board’s wisdom. Oakseed will provide counsel, consultation, and up to a third of the budget needs of accepted gospel-centered, indigenous ministries.
• Grace Fellowship Church has funded the required textbooks for TUMI’s counseling courses and is assisting with funds for the video recording of eight lessons of their second course.
• Rick’s 72 year old bones (his words, not ours) need the support and stamina from the Lord to stay focused, healthy, energized, and Christ-centered. Rick says, “as John Piper has confessed, the older I get, the more my pride and desire for comfort are temptations.”
• In April and May, Rick is scheduled to teach one of TUMI’s 8-week courses in Chester, PA to urban church leaders.
As the national training arm for World Impact, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) equips leadership for the urban church, especially among the poor, in order to advance the Kingdom of God. TUMI focuses their investment on those called to evangelize, disciple, plant, and pastor churches in unreached urban neighborhoods. Their single passion and desire is to identify, empower, and release laborers who can both display and declare God’s kingdom reign among their neighbors, where they live.