Praise God with us!
• We didn’t have any medical, health or medicinal issues with our 35 overnight summer campers at Carolina Point in June!
• Seven first-time campers began friendships with Jesus and all of our friends experienced the Gospel fully!
• Praise God for His protection and for using our team as mat carriers to the feet of Jesus!
• Praise the Lord for the seven students who wrote letters to God saying they accept His invitation of friendship and proclaimed their new faith at camp! (See the photo of letters to God written by twins Kyle and Caleb above)
• Nineteen of our record-high 80 Capernaum friends were brand-new Day Campers. As an outreach ministry, having 25% of our campers as first-timers was really encouraging for our team to see the way the Lord is moving here in NKY! Praise the Lord for providing new friends to share the Gospel with!
• Our biggest prayer throughout the year has been for the Lord to provide more leaders for our Capernaum ministry. The Lord answered big time by gifting us with two rising sophomore college students in Brandon Riley and Whitney Graham, who officially joined the team on May 10! They are incredibly gifted, love Jesus and our students well. It’s been a fun season for our team welcoming Brandon and Whitney to the fold!
• Please cover Annalee, Julia, Kyle, Caleb, Blake, Brayden, and Ethan (the 7 letter writers mentioned above) in your prayers as they begin their faith journeys and for our leaders as they walk alongside them!
• Our Capernaum leader team will be taking a spiritually sharpening and semester planning trip in mid-August. Please pray for the Lord to draw us closer to Him, closer to each other, and for His plan for our semester to be made clear as we strategize how to most excellently proclaim His Gospel to our friends.
• Pray for the Lord to continue to open doors in special education classrooms and other arenas throughout area high schools so our leaders can establish a presence with students. We are shifting to a more school-focused approach to our outreach ministry than we have in the past few years. Pray for the Lord’s continued provision of relationships and opportunities to share His love.
• We’ve been meditating on, praying, and striving to live out Ephesians 4:11-16 this summer. Please join us in praying this for us!
• The Royal Prom is coming up on Friday, September 13 at Crossroads – Florence. This is a massive event where we get to treat 350 people with disabilities like the sons and daughters of the King that they are. With the scale of the event, MANY volunteer buddies are needed to ensure safety and fun for our friends. If you’d like to hang out with a student during one of the most joyous nights of the year, PLEASE REGISTER HERE! (More details will be sent once registered. Night will start at 5 p.m. for buddies and end around 9:30 p.m. Buddies must be 14 or older) You can email Jeremy Brown at the top of this page if you have questions!
Young Life Capernaum exists to show our friends with disabilities that they are accepted, loved and needed. Capernaum wants to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They do this by pulling together a community where our friends can experience fun, friendship and growth!