• Our biggest prayer throughout the year has been for the Lord to raise up new leaders to reach adolescents with disabilities. As Northern Kentucky Young Life’s New Leader Training finishes up, it is clear that the Lord is going to answer this prayer! Praise Him for being a God who listens, answers, and continually provides!
• As we are preparing to enter this summer’s camp season, we are anticipating some of our highest attendance numbers ever! Right now we have 29 students signed up to travel to Carolina Point with us June 10-14! We’ll then turn around and host 80 students at our annual Day Camp at Newman Farm in Union, KY, July 15-18. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to move in the hearts of our students, buddies, and leaders during these fun-filled adventures! There is lots of logistics involved in Capernaum camping and we pray that the Lord covers us with his protection!
• Also, please pray for Aubrey and I as we search for a house in Northern Kentucky! We are praying for a home where we can glorify the Lord and host students and leaders to join us in glorifying Him!
• Ephesians 3:14-21 has been the prayer for our ministry leaders this semester. We invite you to pray this over our current leadership: Hannah Burns, Megan Kelly, Cody and Nicole Young, and Jeremy and Aubrey Brown.
Opportunities to serve:
• At our annual Day Camp, we serve lunch to 180 people (80 Capernaum friends, 80 buddies, 20 volunteer staff) each of the four days of camp at Newman Farm. This year we are asking some of our church partners if they’d be willing to provide a team of volunteers (6-8 people) to provide & serve a meal one day of camp (July 15-18). This is a great way to engage and serve our friends with disabilities! You can email Jeremy Brown above if interested!
Young Life Capernaum exists to show our friends with disabilities that they are accepted, loved and needed. Capernaum wants to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They do this by pulling together a community where our friends can experience fun, friendship and growth!