Praise God with us!
- We just wrapped up summer camping season with the completion of our local Day Camp at Newman Farm in Union! After a year hiatus without our favorite Gospel proclamation tool the Lord delivered 85 Capernaum students to Day Camp – the most we’ve ever had since we began the camp in 2013! Adventure was had, friendships were formed, and Jesus was experienced fully. Watch our video above and check out pics on our Facebook page to get a glimpse of our incredible week!
- Another praise in regards to Day Camp…the NKY community stepped up enormously to make the Gospel experience possible for our friends. From vendors to church partners, behind the scenes volunteers and an army of buddies, it truly takes a village to pull the week off and ours responded strongly. The hands and feet of Jesus move mightily in Northern Kentucky!
- In mid-June we also took 31 students to the first ever Buckeye Region Capernaum Camp, a local overnight camp that made the overnight camping experience more accessible to Capernaum friends and their families from a cost and need standpoint. Students heard, engaged with, and experienced the Gospel with 216 total friends, buddies, and leaders from Young Life’s Buckeye Region!
- On the heels of the pandemic and a great summer camping season our current student and parent momentum is in an exciting place! Pray that God would continue to give Capernaum the teenagers in the disability community to make His glory known!
Join us in prayer-
- Leadership transition: Please pray for the Northern Kentucky Capernaum Committee and current volunteer leader team as they prepare for a season of leadership transition. Young Life has asked Aubrey and I to direct the pioneering of brand new Young Life ministry in Oldham County, Ky. and we are humbled to receive this mission to introduce Oldham County adolescents to Christ and disciple them into life-long lovers of Jesus. Please pray for us and the significant assignment ahead! God is moving in the Bluegrass State and we are thrilled to be a part of Young Life’s mission to reach every kid here. Discerning God’s yes in this new mission has meant saying farewell to the Northern Kentucky Capernaum community we have poured our prayers, heart, and soul into the past 3+ years. The Lord has stretched, grown and strengthened us in NKY and we’ve cherished our relationships with Capernaum students, families, leaders, and the wider YL community in NKY – which features some of the mightiest soldiers of the cross I’ve ever known. We are incredibly thankful for our time in NKY. Please pray for God to raise up the right disciple to lead the Capernaum Director and for wisdom/discernment on the committee’s end during the interview/hiring process.
- Start of school: The beginning of the school year is an exciting time in the student ministry world as we build on the momentum from the summer and relaunch ourselves back into the fabric of local high schools and Special Olympics. Pray for relational doors to be opened and for new students to be reached!
- Royal Prom: Capernaum is excited to host the 2021 Royal Prom on Friday, September 24 at Crossroads|Florence! We expect 300 Capernaum friends, meaning we will need 300 buddies to help ensure fun, safety and friendship for each guest that night. If you’re willing to serve as a buddy or volunteer for the night, please sign up at theroyalprom.com when registration opens on August 2!
Young Life Capernaum exists to show our friends with disabilities that they are accepted, loved and needed. Capernaum wants to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They do this by pulling together a community where our friends can experience fun, friendship and growth!