Praise God with us!
- We asked for your prayers over our one-day fundraising initiative in November to support the continued work of Capernaum in Northern Kentucky and the Lord answered in a BIG way! Internally we were praying that the Lord would provide $5,000 but God did what God tends to do – blow us away with how He wanted to provide! Capernaum Day, a digitally driven fundraiser with personal testimonies from families on social media and by email, stirred up generosity in the form of $13,000 for Northern Kentucky Capernaum on November 10! Praise God and thank you, GFC, for your prayers and generosity!
- As weather grew colder and virus cases climbed we were forced to stop in-person gathering in November/December, but that did not stop the Lord from stirring up zeal and creativity within the Capernaum team! We were able to assemble nearly 40 Christmas goodie bags with small gifts, candy, cookies, and personalized ornaments and our leaders used their cars as sleighs to deliver presents to our friends all across NKY. One parent texted after and said: “Thank you for reminding us how much God loves us and that God is aware and that we are not alone. This meant a lot to us.” Praise God for using small acts of love to make families aware of the truth that God is with them and loves them!
- Simple praise, but one we need to lift up more: Thank you Lord for faithful, consistent students who want to dive into the Bible with each other! We’re super thankful that the large part of our community has stayed intact despite bouncing between physical and digital gathering for over 10 months now.
- On a more individual note, Aubrey and I are praising the Lord for the sweet gift of life He has given us inside of Aubrey! We are thrilled to become parents in June and covet your prayers for a healthy baby and healthy mama!
Join us in prayer-
- We’ve talked about running our missional race with clear vision in 2021 and not just moving toward fog (much of what 2020 felt like). Pray that the Spirit would fill us and guide us in His clear vision for direct ministry this year.
- A constant big prayer we have in Capernaum is for the Lord to raise up leaders for our ministry! We need workers for the harvest He is yielding in Northern Kentucky Capernaum. Please pray for the Lord’s provision here.
- Join us in praying that vaccine progress will open up more doors and opportunities for our leaders to be with students and our wider community in person. This in-person fellowship piece has been so inconsistent over the past year and it’s vital to our discipleship and outreach!
Please pray Colossians 4:2-4 with us and for us.
“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.”
Young Life Capernaum exists to show our friends with disabilities that they are accepted, loved and needed. Capernaum wants to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They do this by pulling together a community where our friends can experience fun, friendship and growth!