Praise God with us!
• Our leader team has been running relentlessly after students to share the love of Christ. Heading into the spring semester of ministry, we know 120 high school students with disabilities by name due to the Lord opening relational doors across the community.
• Praise the Lord for stirring up generosity, particularly Grace Fellowship and its faithful members. With the level of generous giving at this year’s fundraising banquet we are going to be able to offer 20 camp scholarships and completely cover transportation for students to experience the Gospel.
• The Holy Spirit is moving in students and their parents’ hearts! Our campaigners (Bible study) students have doubled since this time last year and it’s been encouraging for our leaders to see our friends have a true hunger for diving into Scripture and growing closer to Jesus.
• Our leaders have been working hard to establish a presence at Scott High School and build into the lives of the 13 young men in its special education classroom. Teacher support has been phenomenal and with their help we’ve created a Special Olympics Basketball team which has opened doors for our leaders to connect, not only with these students, but also their families.
• Personally, the Lord answered our (Jeremy and Aubrey) long-time prayer for a home! Our prayer was for a place where we would be set up well to foster community and glorify Christ with our Capernaum friends, leaders, and supporters. He has answered that prayer far beyond what we could have imagined and we are thrilled to sink deeper roots in NKY.
• At the end of the month, 275 students, buddies, and leaders from the Capernaum ministries in the Greater Cincinnati area will gather at Great Wolf Lodge for a weekend of fun, adventure, and Gospel proclamation! Students will hear three messages about Jesus, engage in discussion and activity built around what they heard, and get the opportunity to put their trust in Christ. Please pray that heaven will look different as a result of the love and truth our friends experience at Great Wolf Lodge!
• Potential new Young Life leaders will begin a process called New Leader Training later this spring with the end goal of being sent out to introduce Jesus to adolescents all around Northern Kentucky. Our prayer is for the Lord to raise up two new leaders out of this class to serve with Capernaum!
• Please join our leaders in praying Colossians 4:2-6 daily over our students and each other:
“Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.“
Young Life Capernaum exists to show our friends with disabilities that they are accepted, loved and needed. Capernaum wants to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They do this by pulling together a community where our friends can experience fun, friendship and growth!