This position will support the Independence Campus, including the Campus Pastor, Director of Student Ministry, and GraceKids Coordinator, event-planning, and the administrative workload for that Campus. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and organized, with strong task management and consistent follow-through. Must be able to prioritize and handle juggling multiple projects at once. If you thrive off of administrative work, check off your to-do list, and want to be part of a high-energy team at this fast-growing campus, this might be the job for you.
- Full-time with excellent benefits and paid time off.
- Set hours Sunday – Thursday, 37-40 hours a week. Occasional evening events and overtime.
- Reports to the Independence Campus Pastor, Independence Student Ministry Director, and Office Manager.
- General office responsibilities include ordering supplies, checking mail, managing emails, phone calls, and social media for the campus. Maintain a consistent and friendly presence at the campus during open campus hours.
- Database work including running reports, managing process queues, creating forms and events, processing connect cards and initiating next steps with congregants, inputting prayer requests, tracking event registrations and capturing attendance for Sunday morning services, events, and serving team participation.
- Event Planning. Assist in planning and execution of events for the Independence Campus. This includes creating registration forms and events in the database, obtaining graphics, preparing needed materials, ordering supplies, scheduling rooms, coordinating announcements with the communications team, organizing catering, and ensuring any setup, AV, or other needs are accommodated. Many of these events occur outside of normal business hours, and the assistant should do their best to balance their work hours accordingly.
- Administrative Assistant. Provide administrative support for the Independence campus. This includes but is not limited to writing and sending email correspondence, assisting with special projects, taking notes during meetings and following up on action items, proofreading, and formatting materials, scheduling and confirming meetings, and processing expense reports.
- Administratively gifted.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church. Must be personable and enthusiastic about the mission and vision of Grace Fellowship church. Must be a GFC member in full agreement with ministry leadership and the future direction of GFC (or in the process of membership).
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, task-driven, and have a keen sense of organization.
- Dependability, promptness, and consistent follow-through are a must.
- Be able to learn Campus Pastor’s preferences and execute tasks accordingly.
- Must have well-developed skills with Google Suite and general computer skills. Must be able to learn new software, including Church Community Builder, our internal database system.
- Prior administrative experience is a must, and a college degree is preferred.
- Administrative giftings. Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through. Must demonstrate proficiency and timeliness in planning, organizing, and executing projects, events, and day-to-day tasks.
- Must be able to assess job tasks that need to be done as a self-starter, i.e., must be able to define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
- Must be a self-learner, able to problem solve, and continually seek to increase one’s skills and understanding of utilized software.
- Must exercise discretion. This person may be privy to sensitive and confidential information and must use the utmost discretion, refraining from sharing information among staff and/or the body unless otherwise instructed to.
- Empathetic, caring telephone skills. Ensure those interacting with the Independence Campus have a grace-filled experience and feel valued by the staff.
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
- Will be compensated in accordance with responsibilities and experience.
- Will receive full-time benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation and discretionary days, medical and dental insurance, HSA contribution, long-term and short-term disability, retirement contributions, life insurance, etc.
- This position reports to the Independence Campus Pastor and Office Manager.