Fort Thomas Campus
Glorify God by serving as the Fort Thomas Campus Administrative Assistant, creating grace-filled interactions with people interacting with the Fort Thomas Campus. Provide excellent support to the Fort Thomas Campus Pastor, Ministry Leaders, and Serve Team Leaders.
- Full-time, set hours Monday through Friday, 38-40 hours a week.
- Fort Thomas Campus Assistant: This person will serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Fort Thomas Campus Pastor and the ministries under their care. This person may be privy to sensitive and confidential information and must use the utmost discretion, professionalism and confidentiality, refraining from sharing information among staff and/or the congregation unless otherwise instructed to. They will need to communicate with the Campus Pastors on the day-to-day needs of the ministry, maintain an up-to-date project list, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Detailed note-taking, organization, and consistent follow-through are essential.
- Fort Thomas Campus Presence: Maintain a consistent, friendly presence at the Fort Thomas Campus during open campus hours, Tues-Thu, 9 am-4 pm. Ensure that campus guests are welcomed, and interactions are grace-filled experiences and reflect our staff attitudes.
- Fort Thomas Campus Office Support: Perform general office functions including, but not limited to: answering phones, sending bulk emails, handling mail, tracking attendance, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, processing expense reports, etc. Use the gift of administration to assist in planning and organizing special projects, events, and day-to-day operations. Develop and maintain exceptional file/retrieval systems to ensure accurate and up-to-date record keeping. Detailed note-taking and consistent follow-through are essential.
- Assistant to the Campus Pastor: Serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Fort Thomas Campus Pastor. This includes but is not limited to serving as a “gatekeeper” for the Campus Pastor insofar as phone calls, visitors, and meeting requests are concerned, scheduling and confirming meetings, assisting with special projects as needed, running reports and compiling information, proofreading and formatting materials, preparing sermon outlines and PowerPoint presentations, and sending email correspondence on behalf of the Campus Pastor. Additional administrative tasks include completing expense reports and reimbursement requests, scheduling prayer days and conference registrations, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Event Coordination: Assist in coordinating and overseeing special events at the Fort Thomas Campus, such as the New Members Class, Connect, Business Meetings, Elders’ meetings, Open Houses, etc. This includes preparing needed materials, ordering supplies, scheduling rooms, obtaining graphics, coordinating announcements with the Dir. of Communications, organizing catering, and ensuring any setup, AV, or other needs are accommodated. Many of these events occur outside of normal business hours, and the assistant should do their best to balance their work hours accordingly.
- Ministry Teams Support: You will serve as the primary point of contact for Fort Thomas Campus ministry team leaders and volunteers. This includes Sunday Morning Ministry teams, Worship Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Children’s Ministry, and Student Ministry. Provide support as needed to these teams. This includes ordering supplies, relaying information, connecting volunteers, etc., and making the Campus Pastor aware of any issues that may need to be addressed at a higher level.
- Crisis Care: This person will need to be a mature believer, able to provide frontline care to members of the body emailing, calling, or walking in who are in crisis situations by showing compassion and praying with them when appropriate, then following established procedures to ensure they receive the needed pastoral care.
- Continuous Improvement: Should follow established procedures while helping with continuous improvement to efficiency, organization, and guest experience. Be willing to bring issues and opportunities to improve to the attention of the Dir. of Administration with solutions, not with a critical spirit, but with humility and helpfulness. Initiative is a plus.
- Team Player: Be willing to use your gifting in administration to assist other staff members with projects. Up to 20% of your time will support other common ministry efforts. Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships. Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
- Prior administrative experience is a must, and a college degree preferred.
- Must be personable and enthusiastic for the mission and vision of Grace Fellowship Church. Must be a GFC member and in full agreement with ministry leadership and the future direction of GFC.
- Must have well-developed skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Pages, Excel, tools, and general computer skills. Must be able to learn new software, including our internal database system.
- Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through. Must demonstrate proficiency and timeliness in planning, organizing, and executing projects, events, and day-to-day tasks.
- Must be able to assess job tasks that need to be done as a self-starter, i.e., must be able to define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Gal 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
- When working with others, you would be known as a Peacemaker Matt 5:9.
- Do all work abiding in Christ John 15:5. Remember that all our guidance, provision, capability, and strength come from Christ.
- Humility Phil 2:1-4 considers others more important.
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
- Will be compensated in accordance with responsibilities and experience.
- Will receive full-time benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation and discretionary days, medical and dental insurance, HSA contribution, long-term and short-term disability, retirement contributions, life insurance, etc.
- This position reports to the Fort Thomas Campus Pastor and Office Manager.