Children’s Ministry Coordinator (Part-Time)
This person is responsible for the coordination of the Sunday morning Grace Kids Ministry of the Independence Campus. This includes recruiting and scheduling volunteers and administrative tasks relating to this ministry. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the ministry of the church, a heart to serve our families, and both the people skills needed to recruit and manage people and administrative gifting to execute tasks and manage projects.
- Schedule – Manage the weekly scheduling of volunteers utilizing our existing internal database.
- Recruit – Actively reach out to campus attendees to recruit volunteers to serve on the Children’s Ministry team.
- Train – Orient new volunteers with curriculum, teaching them best practices in teaching our children. Maintain a vibrant, enthusiastic culture in which volunteers want to serve, parents feel reassured, and children grow in Biblical knowledge while having fun.
- Coach – Maintains consistent, proactive communications with team members, ensuring they know they’re appreciated, have questions answered, and meet needs.
- Maintain – Ensure classrooms are aesthetically pleasing and easy to use. Regularly work with the Campus Pastor to recommend improvements. Maintain inventory of toys, supplies, etc., ordering replacements as needed.
- Administratively gifted.
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church. Must be personable and enthusiastic for the mission and vision of Grace Fellowship church.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, task-driven, and have a keen sense of organization.
- Dependability, promptness, and consistent follow-through are a must.
- Must have well-developed skills with Google Suite and general computer skills. Must be able to learn new software, including Church Community Builder, our internal database system.
- Administrative giftings. Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through. Must demonstrate proficiency and timeliness in planning, organizing, and executing projects, events, and day-to-day tasks.
- Must be able to assess job tasks that need to be done as a self-starter, i.e., must be able to define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
- Must be a self-learner, able to problem solve, and continually seek to increase one’s skills and understanding of utilized software.
- Must exercise discretion. This person may be privy to sensitive and confidential information and must use the utmost discretion, refraining from sharing information among staff and/or the body unless otherwise instructed to.
- Empathetic and Caring. Ensure those interacting with the IndependenceCampus have a grace-filled experience and feel valued by the staff.
- Must be a team player and work well in an environment that includes a wide variety of team members—volunteers, part-time, and full-time employees.
- Provide grace-filled servant leader interactions with active Grace Fellowship participants, church members, and staff, as well as the community at large.
- Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
- Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
- Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Galatians 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
- When working with others, you would be known as a Peacemaker (Matthew 5:9).
- Do all work abiding in Christ (John 15:5), remembering all our guidance, provision, capability, and strength come from Christ.
- Humility in considering others more important (Philippians 2:1-4ff).
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous:
- This position is paid an hourly wage (approx. 20 hours/week).
- This position reports to the Independence Campus Pastor, Eric Northrup.