Director of Middle School Student Ministry
That God would raise up a generation of Christians who have the COURAGE to stand, the CONFIDENCE to speak up, and the HEART TO SACRIFICE because they’re committed to the TRUTH of God’s Word, the MISSION of God’s Church, and the MERCY of God’s Son – Jesus Christ.
Grace Fellowship is a Bible-based, grace-based church that purposes to honor God and be true to His Word. We are committed to the complete truthfulness and authority of Scripture, which is applicable to all facets of life.
In our desire to live according to Scripture, we:
- GATHER together in Truth to worship God,
- GROW together by grace to be more like Christ, and
- GO together with the gospel to the tri-state and the world.
Effectively lead the Florence Campus Middle School Student Ministry to glorify God by…
- evangelizing and discipling students and leaders to become a contagious and caring community, focused on reaching other students with the love of Jesus.
- cultivating relational depth within the ministry that reflects the commitment to be followers of Jesus Christ.
- Exemplify a Gospel-centric, missional lifestyle, striving to be in the lives of students.
- Demonstrate winsome ability to engage, teach and disciple students and leaders to draw others, multiplying the ministry’s reach within the church and to the community at large.
- Oversee and lead the Florence MS Ministry (6-8 grade) in becoming a devoted community of Christ-followers committed to love, spiritual growth, and change within students and leaders.
- Continuously identify, recruit, and develop a servant-leader volunteer team that effectively cares for students with you.
- Cultivate a culture committed to students’ spiritual growth and support initiatives that help parents care for their children.
- Discern needs of Florence Middle School Student Ministry with the Campus Pastor and develop a strategy for shepherding existing students and engaging new students that do/will attend the Florence Campus.
- Develop ongoing Student Ministry events that support formation of a contagious community and increase participation within the ministry.
- Meet regularly with the other GFC Student Ministry Staff for collaboration and prayer, assuring all campuses complement one another with similar mission and values.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Student Ministry and make needed changes for improvement.
- Provide pastoral duties as needed including, but not limited to, officiating weddings and funerals, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer, and other needs as they arise.
- Give testimony and life witness of:
- Being a committed believer in Jesus Christ.
- Possessing spiritual gifts relevant to the position (shepherding, leadership, teaching, evangelism, and administration).
- Demonstrating the potential to build an effective ministry.
- Excellent communication skills and engaging personality that draws people toward participation in the ministry.
- A proven track record faithfully leading or serving a church or ministry.
- Strong desire to multiply the work of the ministry by building teams and mobilizing volunteers.
- Ability to lead meetings, train and teach volunteers pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
- Able to plan, strategize, organize, and effectively delegate so projects, events, and programs are completed with excellence.
- Be an active participant in the Community Group ministry.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Fellowship Church.
- Become ACBC Certified within five years of hire date.
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Google Suite, developing proficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Must be personable and enthusiastic for the vision and mission of Grace Fellowship Church.
- Must become a GFC member and operate in agreement with the ministry leadership direction of GFC.
- Must be able to assess needed job tasks; i.e., be a self-starter, define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
- Must be a team player able to work on teams of various sizes, including campus staff, cross-campus Student Ministry staff, operations staff, part-time interns, and volunteers.
- Provide grace-filled servant leader interaction with active Grace Fellowship participants, church members, and staff as well as the community at large.
- Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
- Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
- Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Galatians 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
- When working with others you would be known as a Peacemaker (Matthew 5:9).
- Do all work abiding in Christ (John 15:5), remembering all our guidance, provision, capability and strength come from Christ.
- Humility in considering others more important (Philippians 2:1-4ff).
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
- Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
- Includes GFC full-time benefits package:
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Professional expense account
- Sabbatical qualification
- Medical/dental insurance
- 403(b) w/employer match
- This position reports to the Florence Campus Pastor.