FLO MSM | This Sunday (09.09) & Fall Parent Meeting Recap
💡What’s Coming This Sunday (Sept 9)
This Sunday is what we’re calling “Serve Sunday”. There will be a short message, and then, opportunities for you and your kids to check out different serving opportunities at our campus.
Talking points with your kids about the sermon:
- What stood out most to you? Why?
- What does it mean to be a servant? Why is it good, bad, or meh?
- Why is it good for us to serve other people?
- (Help) It’s commanded because it’s God’s design. (Galatians 6:9-10, 1 Peter 4:7-11)
- (Help) Jesus did it, and we’re supposed to be like Jesus. (Mark 10:42-45, Philippians 2:5-11)
- (Help) Serving others = loving others. (Galatians 5:13-14)
- How do you feel about serving? What things come to your mind? (good, bad, boring, exciting, etc)
- Tell a story about a time when you were served and felt loved because of it.
- Maybe brainstorm as a together: “What can we do to serve/help others in our church family?”
Areas of serving to check out this week:
- Barnabas Teams (praying for and helping missionaries)
- Helping Hands (ministry run by the deacons for serving members of our church family)
- Welcome Team (saying hi and making people feel welcome as they come Sunday mornings)
🍂Fall 2018 Parent Meeting Recap
*If you were not at the Parent Meeting on August 26, I would encourage you to set aside 23 minutes to watch the video recap below.
In the video below, I’ll talk about:
- my personal beliefs
- an apology
- the story behind the Sunday School decision
- what we’re planning to do this Fall
- an encouragement for parents
👇[CLICK PLAY TO WATCH] 👇
📢 STAY IN THE KNOW 📢
TEXT | Send “graceflomsm” to 84576
FACEBOOK | /graceflo_msm
INSTAGRAM | @graceflo_msm
TWITTER | @graceflo_msm