Fear & Strings | Alongside Bookclub Chapters 25 & 26
Join our Summer Book Club ➡️ Click Here
In this Episode: Chapters 25 & 26 of Alongside
- Faith is the opposite of the fear of man | taking steps based on who God is and what He has done.
- If I fear man too much I need to grow my faith in God.
- Why don’t we pursue teenagers?
- What keeps us from pressing into a conversation about sex, faith, persecution?
- What keeps us silent?
- Where do I take appropriate risks and how do I step into uncomfortable areas.
- “Are your kids watching you take any risks or step outside of your comfort zone?”
- Parents have the most consistent opportunities to show faith played out and live life day after day.
- Teaching our kids how to engage with fear.
- Bring the fear into the light and show your kids by modeling this.
- God’s love came to us when we couldn’t attain it ourselves.
- Confronting selfishness.
- Jesus loved with no strings attached.
- We may not know what the strings are in the love we pour out…until they are not met.
- Are we pressing into the things we need to do regardless of the cost?
- Parent Meeting —August 25th from 3pm-5pm!
- We want to support, and work with, parents!
You can this book on Amazon, or in the Florence Campus Resource Center.
How you can participate:
– Listen & take notes.
Check the website this week for our Summer Calendars: