Director of High School Student Ministry – Florence Campus
Essential Focus: Effectively lead the Florence Campus High School Student Ministry to glorify God by…
- evangelizing and discipling students and leaders to become a contagious and outgoing community, focused on reaching other students with the love of Jesus
- cultivating relational depth within the ministry that reflect commitment to be followers of Jesus Christ.
- Exemplify a Gospel-centric, missional lifestyle, striving to be in the lives of students.
- Demonstrate winsome ability to teach and disciple others to reach others, multiplying the ministry’s reach and community impact.
- Oversee and lead the Florence HS Ministry (9-12 grade) in becoming a contagious community of Christ followers committed to love, spiritual growth, and change within students and leaders.
- Continuously identify, recruit, and develop a servant-leader volunteer team that effectively cares for students with you.
- Cultivate a culture committed to students’ spiritual growth and support initiatives that help parents care for their children.
- Discern needs of Florence High School Student Ministry with the Campus Pastor and develop a strategy for discipling and reaching new students that will attend the Florence Campus.
- Develop ongoing Student Ministry events that support formation of a contagious community and increase participation within the ministry.
- Meet regularly with the other GFC Student Ministry Staff for collaboration and prayer, assuring all campuses complement one another with similar mission and values.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Student Ministry and make needed change for improvement.
- Provide pastoral duties as needed including, but not limited to, officiating weddings and funerals, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer and other needs as they arise.
- Give testimony and life witness of (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, (2) possessing spiritual gifts relevant to the position (shepherding, leadership, teaching, evangelism and administration), and (3) demonstrating potential to build an effective ministry.
- Excellent communication skills and engaging personality that draws people toward participation in the ministry.
- A proven track record faithfully leading or serving a church or ministry.
- Strong desire to multiply the work of the ministry by building teams and mobilizing volunteers.
- Ability to lead meetings, train and teach volunteers pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
- Able to plan, strategize, organize, and effectively delegate so projects, events, and programs are completed with excellence.
- Be an active participant in the Community Group ministry.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Fellowship Church.
- ACBC Certified within five years of hire date.
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Google Suite, developing proficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Must be personable and enthusiastic for the vision and mission of Grace Fellowship Church.
- Must become a GFC member and operate in agreement with ministry leadership direction of GFC.
- Must be able to assess needed job tasks; i.e., be a self-starter, define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
- Must be a team player able to work on teams of various sizes, including campus staff, cross-campus Student Ministry staff, operations staff, part-time interns, and volunteers.
- Must be a self-starter, operating without close supervision; exhibiting initiative to identify needs and take proactive steps to improve ministry function, as well as measuring and reporting on progress.
- Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
- Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
- Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Gal 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
- When working with others you would be known as a Peacemaker Matt 5:9.
- Do all work abiding in Christ John 15:5, remembering all our guidance, provision, capability and strength come from Christ.
- Humility in considering others more important (Phil. 2:1-4ff).
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
- Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
- Includes GFC full-time benefits package (paid holidays and vacation, professional expense account, sabbatical qualification, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) with employer match, and more.
- This position reports to the Florence Campus Pastor.
If interested, complete the application and upload your resume below.